Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Hunger Games

  I've been meaning to read the series, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, but have kept putting the books back on my shelf, knowing I would not be satisfied once I started until I turned the last page. My students have been insistent on me reading the books so I allowed myself to start the first one in the series as soon as school was finished for the year.
  A few days later I am finished and I now understand why it was almost impossible for my students to put their bookmark between the pages when it was time to start a lesson.
 This book is a great example of how a talented writer can take a gruesome topic and spin a story that pulls you into the characters' lives where you have no choice but to long for them to be triumphant.
  Although it is difficult, I won't let myself start the next book in the series for a while. After all, I do need to write my own blockbuster best seller.

No comments:

Post a Comment