Saturday, December 17, 2011

Early Morning Inspiration

  What time of the day are your thoughts most clear and creative? Mine seem to be those mornings when I could sleep in, because I'm off work, but my thoughts kick into gear about 5:30 AM and the ideas flow like water from a pitcher. This morning was one of those times. I had an inspired idea of an activity for my students and then the first line of my next novel popped into my head. The frustration is that the best ideas slip away by the time  I can get to my computer or a piece of paper. Fortunately, this morning I retained enough of the brilliance to plunk it out on my computer before it was gone. Right now, I can't remember what I wrote those nine hours ago. It will be a nice surprise when I look over my notes.
  New Year's Resolution: Tablet and pen by the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment